Sunday, February 03, 2008

Success can be double-edged ....

haha. no it's not about me.

Remember Football Manager 2006? Having not played it for months, I went back for an hour today to take a peek at the 'empire' that I created haha.

Well I've always been priding myself on building up a team from youth, so my game plan has always been to scout and pry the top youngsters from around the world to train in my world-class academy. And yeah it has been a very successful program feeding my 1st team, which has been all conquering in recent seasons.

In my 10th season already, and normally, as a habit I would play the AC Milan full team vs the AC Milan Under 20s, as a pre-season warm up for both teams. And also as a morale booster for the first team b4 the season kicks off, since I would expect the European champions to crush the U20s anyday, no? (yes i know... this is just a database game... but I tend to personalise the characters in my game..... 10 seasons! )

So the 1st team has been crushing the U20s for years... until this year. 2016. Half time score.... Milan 1 - U20s 5. big fat sigh. My youth team was crushing my 1st team! I was tempted to just play the youth team for the upcoming European Super Cup rather than my lacklustre 1st team.

Gave them a lashing at half time "I expect a better performance after halftime!!!!!!". And my 1st team began to play. the match ended 6-6, and it went to Extra time. 1st time the match ever got to ET. the 1st team got their act together n put in 2 more to make is 8-6 final, but what a embarrassment it would have been if the U20s actually won! It would have been a demoraliser, which does actually impacts the game....

Oh well. Success can be double-edged, no? (I should give my Assistant Manager a raise for his brilliant effort... hmm)

Haha.... all this over a game.

No comments: