Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Day In The Life

nah. not the Beatles song.

Actually today is the 1st day I got posted to my new workplace. I'm doing IT helpdesk support at some govt office (better not reveal). So today walk into the place, quite the heavily guarded,but all was fine, boss came down to bring me up and what not.

So I settled into my lil cubicle, 1st time working where must wear so formal (i think), cos all prev jobs were jeans kinda jobs. And I not model so never get to wear funky stuff. So. Formal wear.

Thankfully, the work environment wasn't stressful. At least not for me. People around me seemed to have a lot of work to do, I could hear my boss murmuring to other bosses on how much work he has. heh. But I couldn't help. Since it was my 1st day at the new office, He took abt 5 mins to show me how to run a script (which I was to run in on hundreds on computers next week 1 by 1), so that was ok. And threw me 2 manuals to go through, and he will go through a hands on in due time.

And yes that was about all I did the entire day. I asked my colleagues (all perm staff) if I could help with anything, could I go with them to resolve cases, they all say no. haha. Ok loh so I sat at the table fiddling around with some hardware, waiting for lunch break, and 5pm. So much for 1st day at work huh. Tho my boss told me next week will be very hecti n tedious ... I was thinking um how about the other 3 days of this week? Hopefully more stuff to learn tml.

Still not sure of this office hierachy. I guess, as a temp helper, for now I just know my own boss can le. let's see how it goes. Office talk is so funny. I spent the entire day eavesdropping heh!

next weekend, a dota pal asked me to her 21st bday. Heh. DOTA pal leh. Like that also invite. Dont go also paiseh, go also paiseh. I'll prob shop this weekend then.

Feel like doing a Queen post on the music blog.

No comments: