Thursday, December 13, 2007

2007 Han-ee awards

haha what a name. Han-ee. Inspired by the Office's Dundees, well I've decided to acknowledge the more memorable events in 2007. Well by that I don't mean personal experiences like some anniversary, but rather, like best movie, best match etc. or worst. It would be quite cool to look back years later and see how my tastes have changed. heh.

And even though 2007 ain't over, I think I've had about enough material to start giving out the awards. And even if some of the things listed were not made in 2007, but if I experienced it during 2007, then it counts. haha. Give chance lah.

OK! To the inaugural Han-ee awards (note to self: need a new name)

Entertainment

Best Movie: Well, I watched a lot this year so it's really the toughest choice for me. Sentimental fav is Transformers. Other notable ones include Cashback, American Beauty (old movie), Zodiac

Worst Movie: Chronicles of Narnia (old movie). It's really just a C-grade LOTR. And a talking lion, I don't quite get it. haha.

Best TV series: I must say, Sopranos rocked my socks off! A pity they ended, (but what an ending! great! ), so that's the end of the legendary series. The first few seasons may seem somewhat dull compared to today's TV, but the right comparison should be made by the era of TV then, late 90s. I think it must have been quite the ace in the 90s. Nevertheless, who never liked mafia show heh.

Memorable mention: I'm currently hooked onto The Office (US). Brilliantly funny, and I think Dwight Shrute outshines Steve Carrell in the show heh. And I don't know why but the simple love story between Jim and Pam is so touching! heh imagine that in a comedy.

Worst series: not really, I'm quite selective of what I watch. Maybe Pirate Master hah!

Best Musical: Mamma Mia!

Best concert: (only attended 1...) Muse @ Wembley

Best album: Surprisingly, not a rock album, but a jazz compilation known as Jazz Manouche volume 2.Irresistable!

Worst Album: I seem to recall deleting the new Bon Jovi album as soon as I got it.

Best song: Toughie.... hmmm....... this hasn't been the best year for breakout songs, no?

Irrannoying song: It's a decent song, but hearing Snow Patrol's you-know-what song 3 times per hour on UK radio is enough to make my blood boil haha

Worst TV moment: The writer's strike. Sigh. no more Office for now....

Sports

Best Soccer match: AC Milan vs Liverpool, CL Final. suck it up. Actually the Milan - Man utd one could have won this category. but then again. Lpool. hmm.

Best Tennis match(es): 3 come to mind. 1st, Federer owning Roddick Aus Open SF. Total domination, and AR was hot coming into the match. masterclass.
2nd) Federer vs Nadal, wimbledon final. what a 5 setter!!!! fantastico nadal.... vamos next year !
3rd) Nalbandian vs Nadal some final in October. It's hard to play Nalbandian in that form

Best F1 race: Can't recall the venue, but the one that was pouring nonstop, and had for a moment the world's costliest parking lot when 4-5 F1 cars slid off the SAME corner on the SAME lap and pretty much collected themselves together

Best Crash: Kubica @ Montreal. evidently, F1 cars are really really safe.

Best karting race: Of course, the championship clinching run by Team Apex at the Caltex National Karting Challenge. (No one believes me when I say I'm a national champion hahahaha)

Lifestyle

Best Meals: Back to Basics (London), Hokkien Mee @ ChompChomp, Punggol Nasi Lemak@ Upp Serangoon Rd

Best trip: Tie between Budapest and Greece. Love central-eastern europe! Actually Norway was also kinda memorable, for different reasons hah!

Best car ride: Greek island driving loh...haha

Best hostel: Greek islands, cheap n wonderful

Worst airport experience: Heathrow and the stupid curfew

Best plane experience: Forgot when, but it was when a delay allowed us to go into the cockpit and see for the 1st time what it is really like in it. And its much smaller than you think. and Smarter.

Best Game: Hold'em.

Best Website: footytube.com, and rapidshare.com heh

Best blog award: http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/

Education

Best Book: Mostly read non-fiction this year. Hmm. Haykin's Neural Networks.... NOT hahaha. perhaps WetFeet

Best Documentary (yes.. educational ...): NGC's The Seven Ages of Rock. I wished I had seen this earlier, by 5 years.

Best course: Roman Empire (IC)

Best lecturer: My HR2002 tutor, Mrs Ma

Worst course: BY FAR, Microwave Technology (IC), scoring a world class 46.8%. I wondered how I passed.

Best exam: let's wait and see.

Best FYP moment: let's wait and see about this too.

Best project moment: Seeing my own brain waves on the screen ... 3 days before the presentation day!


OK! I think that's about it. Anything else you would want to know? =)



3 comments:

Zaanan said...

How come Norway was memorable?
I miss Norway :(

zhonghan said...

haha cos travel w you very memorable..... hahahah. & expensive blog.

zhonghan said...

expensive food i mean