Tuesday, December 04, 2007

the feeling of argh.

A little rant here.

1st day post exams, and day 2 of my 'exercise' regime heh. Anyways played tennis for the 1st time in weeks, with EJ. I mean, he was a former KR captain so it was obvious who got spanked. Anyway we booked the court till 7pm... and about 630 a group of older ladies came by the court and asked if we were students. This was in TC2, and beside us happen to have a group of staff professors playing their regular tennis. all fine and dandy, except that I didn't bother to print the booking sheet as I never did, and no one ever checked. Even security only check our matric cards.

Anyway this particular male prof, came up to us and said that there was NO WAY we could have booked it, as they block booked the courts every tuesday and friday at those times. They had the sheet to prove it. But the funny thing is, I also managed to book it yesterday! Maybe there was a glitch in the system. and because I had no booking sheet, he was adamant that we didn't book and we had to leave the court immediately. While he does have a point, I was just really put off by his arrogance stance, and demeaning tone. As if a pri sch teacher to a child. I mean, so what, I know you're a prof but you don't have to show your 'power' over me. Argh. By the way, I would not divulge his name, but he did teach a common engineering year 1 module, and is always seen regularly around the tennis courts.

Ask nicely la. We know we no proof we also will go. Stop showing attitude....

In the end, I went back to check and I did manage to book it from 6-7pm. Not blaming the profs for this as I honestly think its a system glitch as they always block book those courts.

But dammit stop your arrogance.


No comments: