Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Are you ready for the new sensation?


Watched rockstar supernova this morning. Quite surprising actually.

Dilana pulled her calf muscle and was unable to perform her usual antics, so she just sat down and did her rendition of The Who's Behind Blue Eyes. Hmm. She actually never heard of this song by The Who before the show! Well, that's not a very good thing to reveal in a rock star competition, and I'm sure its gonna hurt her in the votes. Her original was so-so, but her spirit given her injury was commendable.

Lukas, sang Bon Jovi's 'Living on a Prayer'. OK, I disagree with the judges on this... I think he arranged the song poorly and didn't
kill the song with his vocals ala Bon Jovi. It's a shame, what he's done to a classic rock anthem. His original was slightly better though, but no show stealer.

Magni is really turning out to be the funny guy, along with Toby. After Beatles 'USSR' and his original, T. Lee asked him how come he performed them the same way. And his answer was "cos its me performing!" .. and I thought that was really witty heh.

Storm did her usual sex selling routine, reminiscent of Britney Spears stripping off in the MTV awards. She did another Bowie song (again ...) and her original was pretty rocking. Dave Navarro even said it was the best original he ever heard on the 2 seasons of the show. (Then again he was grinding with Storm on stage on the Bowie number ...)

But Dave spoke too early. For Toby was next. And he totally
killed the Killers song 'Mr. Brightside' ... when I saw the song selections I knew he was gonna pick Mr. Brightside, because his vocals was totally suited to this genre of song. And then came on his original. Oh oh oh oh oh. Wonderful sing-along rock song, it's really the show stealer. It's the BEST original on the show thus far, without a doubt.

So I think bottom 3 will be Lukas, Dilana and Storm. I never thought I would be saying this though. Perhaps the voters would vote differently ba. And Brooke Burke, in her usual expressionless self, poor host and what not, still looked smokingly hot. HOT!

Oh yah, I also intend to catch Singapore Dreaming. Looks like a good show, directed by Talking Cock's Colin Goh. Hope it's good. Should support some local movies too heh.

(and I need tennis this week. rain rain go away pls)


Tags

No comments: