Wednesday, September 20, 2006

the countdown begins



So, scoliosis wasn't as bad as I thought. The doc just said don't worry about it, it's probably postural.

In other words, fuggedaboutit.

Did some shopping yesterday. Anyways, for the 1st time of my life, a modelling agency actually approached me and said they were looking for fresh faces. I think this must be the most desperate modelling agency ever, cos I was strolling down orchard in my lok-kok t-shirt and my lok-kok shorts in flip flops. So I've no idea how come they looked for me. Business must be bad.

So this girl Agnes came up running towards me
Agnes: Hi! Can I have a minute with you?
Me: umm.. sure.
Agnes: I'm from a model agency, and we're currently looking for fresh faces. Are you interested in doing some modelling? (hands me namecard)
Me: (checks it out) ok, tell me abt it.
Agnes : blah blah uninteresting stuff
Me: So when's your next assignment?
Agnes: erm ... erm ... I'm not very sure leh, I'm just here signing people up heeeeee....
Me: Well, look. I'm going abroad to study this Sunday actually.
Agnes: Oh! So will you be like, back next month?
Me: No. Next year.
Agnes: (stunned. Silence) ... oh er. er. Never mind, I'll just take down your details ok?
Me: ok.
Agnes: Name? (writes) Age?
Me: 22
Agnes: (gives me a weird look. WTH 22 yrs, old man!) .. Phone?
Me: Don't call me in UK lah.
Agnes: ok email add?
Me: (gives the usual fake email add)
Agnes: OK! So nice knowing you! Bye !!!!

I suppose that's the last I'll hear from them. Oh, and names have been changed to protect.... ya know the rest.

Was supposed to have lunch in school today but appointment cancelled. Getting frustrated already, esp since I'm flying off soon.

Met the old band for dinner at Clementi Hawker today. Needed some Hokkien Mee heh... should eat more local fare b4 I fly. Anyways, so nice to meet up with them again. I know it's been quite some time since I last jammed with them... I think due to sch commitments, hall, and even holidays work schedule kinda prevented ... Good to see them all still involved in their own music projects. Jun with Stentorian (NTU), Kel with SmashInc (NTU), ek with his CAC club getting munchie monkey gigs. Sigh, a bit regret didn't manage to jam at least once more b4 I go off... next time will be 1 more year le.



I managed to dig up our jam x pic for the 2005 one. This was our last public performance I think. Heh. We may not look the part, but hey at least we've got something to call our own =)


No comments: