Monday, September 11, 2006

Song of the moment





Arctic Monkeys - View from an Afternoon

On an aside, I actually have a bit of an inspiration to write a screenplay. Yeah, me of all pple, writing a screenplay. But I have this idea for a script ... well, even in all probabilities it wouldn't get produced on stage, I think it would still be quie satisfactory to see the final product. Well. just watch this space.

Oh I watched Memento today. I would say this film has one of the best plots to hit the big screen. It talks about a guy Leonard who suffers from AMD (short term memory loss), how he reminds himself of his purpose in life but making notes and tattoos. The movie is presented in a very interesting manner ... like Y to Z, then X to Y, etc... thus the movie kept me guessing on the events that preceded the current one. very very thought provoking. + the ending = good stuff. Somehow, it reminded me of the comic 'Far Side'. I dont know if you guys read it, but its usually a 1 window comic showing a snapshot of an event, either just before or after something major to happen. And it always has me in tickles when I try to imagine what went on. So this show is something like that. And after watching this show do I realise that 'Prison Break' is quite a ripoff of both the Shawshank Redemption and Memento. It's a cool show yes, but the ideas not new really. Maybe they were targetting audiences who haven't caught either show yet.

Anyways, check this out. The world's 11th Annual Air Guitar Competition. haha. A quote from the article

The competition organisers have laid down a strict set of rules including that the air guitar must not be real ‘i.e air’ and that you cannot be part of a duo whether this duo is human or made of air. Over the period of the competition, there is also an intensive high altitude Air Guitar Training Camp near Oulu. This lasts for three days and costs 85 Euros, in addition to the 20 Euro cost of taking part in the competition itself. The camp involves ‘lectures’ on such issues as the history of air guitar, the sport of air guitar, dance and, most importantly, endurance training for those arduous air guitar championships.


haha. funny lah.

No comments: