Friday, August 25, 2006

Baa Baa Black Sheep


What a shag week!
Today's the only weeknight that I'll be home this week heh.

Anyways, was back in hall on tues n wed to chup in the KR Rockers auditions ... Heh I still remember the time when I was year 1 with all the laojiaos packing the couch and staring down at, watching what you were playing. I think I played master of puppets then, and then there was the long interview. Of cos I didn't know much as I had just come into KR so I dunno what else to join, Rockers was obviously my foremost option.

Anyways, sitting on the couch's pretty different. This time I get to play critic! hurhur. Quite mean to keep judging people, or just simply indulge in some fun watching the pple perform under stress. not easy ok! Hmm, tho I must say this year there wasn't any eye-opener, perhaps save the male singer with a natural vibrato whom I forgot his name, and this exchange student from Quebec, Lee, who happened to be Colin Monk's best friend! What coincidence. Anyways he has many similar musical tastes as me, plays a meaner guitar than me, and is a nice chap to hang out with. A pity he's only around for a year.

Suppers with the fellas till 4am, wake up at 7, make me damn shag for work next day. Cannot keep my eyes open. Heng I found a place called the Library, haha, where I spend a decent part of my lunch break at.

watched SG Idol on wed night, the performance night. I heard that Nurul is out. Ok, so there's a lot of scandal about Joakim these days, but I do pity that fella. I mean, he chose a karaoke favourite, Xiao Wei(which probly no one can go wrong because it isn't hard to sing it, really), and a Gurmit Singh song, which isn't a very well known song, not at least for a competition like this. BUT he still stayed on. I mean, perhaps he should attempt Baa Baa Black Sheep next week and sees if he still stays.

Look, this guy has endured lotsa shit, and he doesn't deserve it la. He is a bad singer and he knows it , and he's just staying on cos he has a battalion of fans in reserve to pump his votes up. So what's really wrong with the show?

1. Scandalous show turns pple, and voters, off. When viewers see whats going on with the show, they get disillusioned with the whole thing and just don't vote anymore.

2. Little talent to keep viewers engaged, to make viewers want to vote

3. 60cents per vote is daylight robbery. American Idol voting is toll free. Rockstar Supernova voting is via internet, ie free. It's like "hey i'm pitching for the singer, and have to sponsor him staying on the show."

I think its really all 3 reasons. Hopefully the producers one day will realise, that they shouldn't market the show to be a money earner, but instead find the next singing talent in Singapore and market him/her to earn for the station. And by being scandal free, attract more viewers. more views = more ad $. But will the pple in power suits have the balls to make the change? Hell, no. Why change something that, economically ain't broken. Well, marketing the new Idol is Ken's problem, not theirs.

food for thought, eh?

Clubbed on thurs night, Momo for UK Bound bash, saw Ross's band perform. Good on ya mate. Didn't stay long after, went over to MOS for the 1st time with peh, chazz, cc and zx. Big place, good crowd (my age la, cos Arts Bash), cheap tix ($16 w hair dye leh). Drinks are ex though... was high for moments. Really needed to club to let loose myself, especially after a heated argument with a friend of mine the night before. But it's ok now already. nubbad la mos.

Went geylang later, for tohua youtiao... another 4am night. Today go work super shag, but relax mood cos its Fridays. TGIF man.

ok gotta catch some sleep now.

No comments: