Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Indiana Jones adventure


wasssssup

I actually watched the indiana jones trilogy this week. yep. .. haha I can't believe how old school I am sometimes.

But admist all the damn action film cliches and terribly old-fashioned dialogue, there was some real action to catch. I guess people nowadays are accustomed, even numb to the big hollywood explosions and elaborate CGI effects in almost every action film. But Indiana Jones was done using stuntmen, and with especially action packed chase sequences. Heh. All the chasing of a tank with a horse, running away from the Nazis (who else?) in a 2 seater bike, boat riding, elephant climbing, goldmine cart racing. haha. really some classic sequences. I heard Speilberg's gonna make another IJ film in 2008. Harrison Ford, too old already la. Dunno how it will look like tho. Besides, movies usually are best in 3s.

Anyways, I would like to think that my movie tastes are pretty decent ok. I really think so. So when some friend of mine commented on me watching shows like IJ ..... i just wanna say to you :" UP YOURS !!!"

Was at crazy elephant's last night. A pub at clarke quay which plays bluesy rock n roll music, like Rolling Stones and Hendrix. Ambience is nothing much, just a normal pub, live band was good tho. The singer, tho old, had a power voice heh. Mean Jean and the Blues Machine. check it out.

till next time, gotta go for some imperial college talk at bishan.


No comments: