Saturday, October 21, 2006

Communications


Well, I've always thought that communication between a couple is the single most important factor to maintain a relationship ... well. Apparently theres this English guy (Millington) having many interesting conversations with his German gf (Margret).... just see the excerpt

As I say, though, the point here is about the model of the world we have in our different heads; it's not always (with worrying frequency, yes - but not always) about how desirable it is to arrive at tomorrow. It's about communication. Communicate this, everyone: Margret walked into the living room last week and asked me, "What's the difference between a cucumber and something else?"
How - how, by God's holy jowls - do you answer a question like that? "Well, a CD player doesn't fixate nitrogen as it grows, and Pascal's Wager is more of a theological argument that's less useful when preparing a salad," I replied.
She nodded and left the room again.
heh.

taken from Things my Girlfriend and I have quarrelled about

No comments: