Friday, October 20, 2006

Musings pt I


1) You know you're in UK, the birthplace of billiards, when lecturers use a pool cue as a pointing device
2) It's funny when 20 guys and girls gather in a TV room (plasma no less) with comfy sofas, watching Chelsea vs Barcelona with beer in hand, and not a single one is a Chelsea supporter. And we're 10mins walk to Stamford Bridge
3) A piano concert of Classical and Romantic pieces cost 2quid at the Royal Albert Hall, while a sandwich costs 3.50quid at Starbucks
4) It's not as hard as I thought to stripe a lawn, as I've seen 1st hand this morning in the gdn across my room
5) I miss the days in Singapore when I overslept, and could watch the webcast that same evening. Wait. It just happened to me today. Well, except the webcast part.

heh just when I decided to turn in early last night, I ended up sleeping past 9! My only lecture today was from 9-11 so I decided not to go and just read up the notes online. helllloooo han, theres no webcast here ok ...

Anyways, heard from Ian that NUS is giving each of their exchange students 3.5k SGD from next academic yr onwards. sigh, talk abt being born a year too early. 3.5k could really go a long way even here in London -- thats 1 Starbucks sandwich per day for a year! =)

Looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: