Friday, October 06, 2006

Harrods + covent garden + singwei's place

I was so stupid on my1st day of school! Walked a good 20 mins to school for my 9am lecture, and saw that the room was empty... double checked the location and it was right, and it was only after another look that I saw my lecture started next week! and ALL my EE lectures start next week. Oh well. Better than missing my 1st lecture I suppose. Anyways this is so 'NUS' of me also, cos I also somehow miss or go for the wrong lects/tutorials for the 1st few weeks of school. Haha. Some things dont change much eh.

Went Harrods in the afternoon with Joanne and Ziyang. It's this posh shopping centre opened by Mohamed Al Fayed, and really caters to the rich and famous only. like, for eg. an umbrella cos at least 70quid. Pple like me, can only window shop and eat krispy kreme donuts hah. Heres the pics

The huge Harrods building
Some of the bags
heh. Im cataloging for my cuz
Harrods brand bear
Deco
Chocolate shoes. melt on your feet not on your hands
Their best selling toy. Go figure



Didn't stay too long, cos was meeting Edwin, Samuel and Singwei at Covent Gardens. We the St John's Chinese High Alumni in London haha. Great to meet up with them all again. Ate at this Belgo's near the Covent Garden tube, where there was a beat the clock concept. So our meal cost 5.50quid cos we ordered at 5.50pm. which is very affordable for a London dinner already =) Will try the mussels next time.



Covent Market Square is this huge square with lotsa stalls in it. Sadly I only went at night, and I can only imagine how beautiful it will look in the day
The many buskers and street performers around certainly livens up the place. Heres one guitarist tapping the guitar on his lap. Amazing Grace



Went Singwei's place after, it's a super cosy corner and its rather cheap too! Really a good find man. He even has a drumset in his room and a newly acquired Squire bass heh. We did a mini britrock jam but it was late at night so we didn't want to wake the neighbours. Found out that all of us bar Edwin was crazy about the show 24 season 5, so much so that we ended watching THREE eps of that show right in his room !!! haha. Hope we didn't spoil Edwin's fun heh.

Oh. We had a Brokebed moment. Obviously after years of Singwei's straining his bed's wooden planks, it couldn't hold on any longer (with all 4 of us on his bed hahah). It broke! uh oh. sorry about that dude.

Gotta meet up again soon ok!




No comments: