Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Big Brother UK

It's funny how, when I was in NUS, in hall I wasn't even close to being the oldest among my peers. I mean there's like my neighbour (nb) who is 2 yrs older than me, and Eu Ong and the other senior guys.

But here living in Evelyn Gardens, I meet people who are so young, I already kinda forgot what I was doing at that age! I played tennis doubles with this 18yr old greek who was giggling away like some small kid about making the opponents run, and I was having lunch with a 18yr old hk girl who lived down my corridor giving me advice about the coming winter (cos she stayed here for a few yrs already) heh.

And its also interesting that the freshers keep coming to me for advice, from anything like cooking, to alcohol, to bgr, to schoolwork. haha. Maybe being 23 yrs, I really am more experienced hurhur. (but I'm really no jiu gui ...)

In any case, hey, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not complaining, in fact I don't mind helping whenever I can ... being big brother's kinda fun still even though I've been doing that for 23 yrs heh. Well, maybe just dont keep mentioning about the age gap la. 1 times, 2 times, its alright, though it's kinda irritating when it keeps getting brought up "But you are TWENTY THREE yrs old and you should know about this and that, right?"

I understand u la, nb. sian.

Anyway, somehow, I seem to know quite a bit of whats happening around to the singaporeans around me. heh. Quite the opposite when I was in KR when I was about the last to know anything.. but here, somehow, its different. Maybe being older helps.

Oh well. Interesting times ahead, I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm no comments

Anonymous said...

perhaps older is better,,,

perhaps..